Check out our innovation hub – 35 Mules – at www.35Mules.com!
Growing Florida’s next generation of startups.
35 Mules is an innovation hub powered by FPL, a NextEra Energy, Inc. company – a world leader in renewable energy. Our mission at 35 Mules is to help entrepreneurs in the energy, technology and energy-adjacent (a purposefully broad category) industries bring their game-changing ideas to life faster, smarter and at scale. The program provides startups with a $100,000 non-dilutive cash grant, unlimited access to leading subject-matter experts, one-on-one coaching from FPL and NextEra Energy Fortune 200 executives, and dedicated, rent-free workspace for 12 to 18 months.
FAQ 35 Mules
- Do I have to relocate to Florida? No, you do not have to relocate to Florida. However, our program is primarily in-person for your benefit. We do ask at least one founder in the startup to be in-person 1-2 times per week. Our office is located in Juno Beach, Florida, the headquarters for Florida Power & Light Company and NextEra Energy Inc. You will have access to the entire facility, of course including 35 Mules.
- Does my business need to be in the energy industry? No, your business does not need to be limited to the energy industry. We are accepting startups from all industries that are innovative and cutting-edge in their venture.
- Does my business have to be revenue-generating? No, your business does not have to be revenue generating. We accept businesses in all stages of development.
- How long does the application process take? It should only take applicants 30-45 minutes to submit an application. The application does include a 90-second video submission of the founding team, which can be recorded via Zoom or an iPhone. If you have a business plan and pitch deck, we encourage you to include it in the application, but it’s not required.
- What does the review process look like? We’re primarily looking for two things when reviewing your application. Do you have a viable business model that is clearly defined and scalable? Are you passionate about your business venture? Our application review process includes technical, leadership and executive rounds of review.