Every founder should look into the “Safe Financing Documents” by Y Combinator.
The Safe (simple agreement for future equity) is intended to replace convertible notes in most cases, and we think it addresses many of the problems with convertible notes while preserving their flexibility. In addition to being simpler and clearer, we intend the safe to remain fair to both investors and founders.
These are new, so not all investors accept them yet. But they will eventually become a viable alternative to traditional convertible notes. Read more...
Battery Ventures’ Brian O’Malley talks about AngelList Syndicates and how they’ll change the ecosystem.
What’s the real difference between angels and venture capitalists and which should I choose?
Jon Medved is the founder of OurCrowd, an Israeli online crowd-funding platform.
A. Raul Hernandez
Audit and Advisory Partner
Hood & Strong, LLP
How do you get VC funded in NY city? Find out…
- Brad Burnham, Partner, Union Square Ventures
- Amish Jani, Founder & Managing Director, FirstMark Capital
- Brian Hirsch, Managing Partner, Tribeca Venture Partners
- David Silverman, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Venture Capital Leaders in the UK and Portugal.
* Anne Glover — CEO, Amadeus Capital Partners, London (UK)
* José da Franca — Chairman, Portugal Ventures, Lisbon
* Amadeus Capital Partners: http://www.amadeuscapital.com
* Portugal Ventures: http://www.portugalventures.pt