Here’s a list of our top 10 favorite free iPhone and iPad apps. These are the apps we use over and over again. I even included a game, which is a personal favorite, as well as other handy apps that are best of breed.
1. Skype (save money on your phone bill)
2. Dropbox (share files easily)
3. Spell Gems (my favorite game)
4. Jackpot Words (my 2nd favorite game)
5. Adobe Photoshop Express (edit photos on your phone) Read more...
If you’re a frugal founder, you’ve probably bought an Amazon Kindle Fire over the much pricier iPad 3. The Kindle clearly doesn’t have the horsepower of the iPad 3, but it does have some great games. Below we’ve chosen our top 10 favorite games on Amazon’s Kindle Fire that we are playing right now!
1. Jackpot Words
2. Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
3. Angry Birds Space
4. Zoo Club
5. Asphalt 6: Adrenaline Read more...
Everyone needs a break now and then, so I’m going to list my top 10 best games (a.k.a. time killers) that I’m playing right now. These wonderful iOS games will be sure to keep you entertained for countless hours. I’m sure that you’ll recognize at least a few of these:
1. Spell Gems
2. Jackpot Words
3. Yumby Smash
4. Shooting Showdown
5. Jurassic Park Builder
6. Offroad Legends Warmup
7. Stickman Games: Summer Edition Read more...
Here are our top 10 favorite action arcade games on smart phones and tablets, including iPhone and iPad. All of these games are real time killers! You’ll get endless hours of enjoyment, and the good thing is that a few of them are free.
1. Beetle Bounce
3. Red Nova
4. Chopper 2
5. Infinity Field
6. Blue Defense: Second Wave
7. Super Mega Worm
8. League of Evil Read more...
Okay, everyone needs a break now and then. You can’t work all the time. Here are our top 10 favorite strategy games. These are the ones we keep coming back to over and over again. These include PC games, online, console, iPhone & iPad, etc.
1. Rome: Total War
4. Empire Earth
5. X-Com: UFO Defense
6. Company of Heroes
7. Sins of a Solar Empire
8. Civilization IV Read more...
Nicholas de Wolff
by Nicholas de Wolff, founder of deW Process
1. Recognize first that a logo is a reflective representation of a brand identity. (Say what?) – designing and creating a visually appealing or arresting graphic element will not, in and of itself, do anything for your company, except spend some of your valuable upfront assets, and waste time. Before you even think about developing a logo, be sure that you are firmly clear and codified on what the enterprise plans to become down the road (you do not want to have to change your logo unnecessarily), equally clear on how you wish to present this venture for now, and uniformly in agreement across the whole team as to the language you have set in stone to express the aforementioned vision and position. Read more...
My iPhone app is buried in the App Store. Any advice for founders like me who need to promote their iPhone apps but don’t know how.
Okay, nearly every startup has an iPhone app. It’s almost a “must-have” as part of your business plan, even if you’re not a mobile company. With that in mind, I’ve hunted about for ways to promote these glorious iPhone apps we all have. Here are the results of my hard work… Read more...