Here’s a list of our top 10 favorite free iPhone and iPad apps. These are the apps we use over and over again. I even included a game, which is a personal favorite, as well as other handy apps that are best of breed.
1. Skype (save money on your phone bill)
2. Dropbox (share files easily)
3. Spell Gems (my favorite game)
4. Jackpot Words (my 2nd favorite game)
5. Adobe Photoshop Express (edit photos on your phone) Read more...
For all you budding entrepreneurs out there, we’ve listed our top ten favorite business games ever created. Of course, we’re biased, but then again, we live and breath finance, and these financial simulations are sure to delight and entertain you for hours. See if you’ve got what it takes to be the next Steve Jobs!
4. Railroad Tycoon
6. Airline Tycoon
7. Air Bucks Read more...
If you’re a frugal founder, you’ve probably bought an Amazon Kindle Fire over the much pricier iPad 3. The Kindle clearly doesn’t have the horsepower of the iPad 3, but it does have some great games. Below we’ve chosen our top 10 favorite games on Amazon’s Kindle Fire that we are playing right now!
1. Jackpot Words
2. Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
3. Angry Birds Space
4. Zoo Club
5. Asphalt 6: Adrenaline Read more...
Everyone needs a break now and then, so I’m going to list my top 10 best games (a.k.a. time killers) that I’m playing right now. These wonderful iOS games will be sure to keep you entertained for countless hours. I’m sure that you’ll recognize at least a few of these:
1. Spell Gems
2. Jackpot Words
3. Yumby Smash
4. Shooting Showdown
5. Jurassic Park Builder
6. Offroad Legends Warmup
7. Stickman Games: Summer Edition Read more...
Here are our top 10 favorite action arcade games on smart phones and tablets, including iPhone and iPad. All of these games are real time killers! You’ll get endless hours of enjoyment, and the good thing is that a few of them are free.
1. Beetle Bounce
3. Red Nova
4. Chopper 2
5. Infinity Field
6. Blue Defense: Second Wave
7. Super Mega Worm
8. League of Evil Read more...
Okay, everyone needs a break now and then. You can’t work all the time. Here are our top 10 favorite strategy games. These are the ones we keep coming back to over and over again. These include PC games, online, console, iPhone & iPad, etc.
1. Rome: Total War
4. Empire Earth
5. X-Com: UFO Defense
6. Company of Heroes
7. Sins of a Solar Empire
8. Civilization IV Read more...
by Naomi Kokubo, Editor of Founders Space
Every founder wants to save money at the beginning, and great way to do this is to rejuvenate old PCs. You can get your staff up and running at virtually no cost by taking an old PC and breathing life back into it. Read more...
by Naomi Kokubo, Editor of Founders Space
Using screen capturing software is a great way to show off your product or service. You know what they say when you’re trying to sell something… “A video is worth ten thousand words!”
Videos are actually becoming the preferred way to market any Web 2.0 site or service online, and there’s nothing easier to use than a good online screen capture program. Read more...
Nicholas de Wolff
by Nicholas de Wolff, founder of deW Process
1. Recognize first that a logo is a reflective representation of a brand identity. (Say what?) – designing and creating a visually appealing or arresting graphic element will not, in and of itself, do anything for your company, except spend some of your valuable upfront assets, and waste time. Before you even think about developing a logo, be sure that you are firmly clear and codified on what the enterprise plans to become down the road (you do not want to have to change your logo unnecessarily), equally clear on how you wish to present this venture for now, and uniformly in agreement across the whole team as to the language you have set in stone to express the aforementioned vision and position. Read more...
My startup just switched over to Macs from PCs. Do you really need virus protection on the Mac? Is this a worthy investment? I’ve heard Macs don’t need virus protection.
Most people don’t bother, but I’d recommend it. If you’re an entrepreneur, you just can’t afford to take chances. Also, if you use ETrade, Schwab or other financial or brokerage services, they may have buried in their terms & conditions something about you being required to have virus protection or else they aren’t responsible if someone hacks into your account. This is really the reason I started using virus protection software on my Macs. Read more...